Friday, March 13, 2009

The NBC Channel 4 News

We have our very own weatherman here.... for all of you who may not know-- Shawn Berger is addicted, more like obsessed with the weather.

Today Shawn Eric Berger turned 30 years old!!!! Thinking of a birthday present for Shawn was one of the most challenging tasks. It took awhile, but with the help of my brilliant mom- an idea popped up.

Many many months ago I contacted Fritz Coleman from the Channel 4 NBC News. I wrote him an email telling him all about my husband Shawn and his love for the weather. I told him Shawn's 30th was coming up and asked if he could help me make Shawn's 30th special. Fritz didn't respond quick enough so... I called NBC directly and was transferred to Fritz's direct line. Believe it or not-- the man actually answered the phone. Fritz Coleman is the kindest, most generous man. He was delighted to help me and we devised a plan.

Tonight- March 12th... Shawn and I headed to NBC Studios to be apart of the 11 o'clock news. Shawn (and I) got to meet Paul Moyer and Colleen Williams and see how the news is delivered backstage and in the control room. Shawn was able to watch how the weather is televised and watch Fritz in action. We toured the studios and met so many wonderful people. Fritz showed Shawn all his gadgets and how the weather is broadcast. Fritz and Shawn talked weather-- which Shawn just loved!!

I'm a camera nut, but couldn't take as many shots as I wanted to.... but here are a few from tonight! Happy Birthday Shawn!!!

Fritz and Shawn in the Studio where The Jay Leno Show is taped


Studio 10... a few minutes before the 11pm news


Paul Moyer-- he is 6'4 tall!


The Control Room


Thank You Fritz Coleman! You ROCK!

Before our fun at NBC we went to Bob's Big Boy for dinner--- I had made reservations at a steakhouse but Shawn requested Bob's... Erin and Oren joined us for our birthday dinner celebration!!




No comments: