Oh Tootsie, how I miss you so. 3 years have gone by and I think about you every day. I miss you so much. My heart aches for you.
I wish you were here to see my little boys and to hold them. I know Nick would have melted your heart and you would have loved to squeeze his cheeks. And Jack would have given you many many heart attacks with his stunt moves and crazy tricks. The hardest part of people passing away, is that its permanent. I miss my daily conversations and the silly things my Grandma would say. I miss her big blue eyes, silky soft hands and her contagious laugh. I wish I could call her or better yet hug her. I wish I could feel her hand on my face. People say in time everything gets better or easier-- and I wish I could say its true. But its still as difficult as the day she left.
Life is so short-- its so important to love the special people in your life.
Jack and I have many conversations about Grandma Tootsie... its not easy explaining to him where she is. But 3 year olds have a way of making you laugh at just about everything-- Jack believes Grandma Tootsie lives in the clouds-- with the Tooth Fairy. Even in the tears, this always makes me smile.



No comments:
Post a Comment