Shawn and I were so excited when it was July 1st (2007) and we figured Jack could come any day now.... we waited and waited and waited-- days continued to just go by and there was no sign of this baby coming. Eventually the "due date" of July 17th came and went and there was still no sign of Jack arriving. I loved being pregnant and was in no hurry to get "the party started" but with the fear of having a c-section, I actually ate a salad on the 22nd that was suppose to push things along. Surprisingly the next morning around 3:30am contractions actually began. But they weren't strong enough to be considered anything.
We had another weekly doctors appointment on the 23rd-- at 2pm-- by 3pm I was being admitted to the hospital and hooked up to all the gadgets. Not the way we expected this birth to go!
Everything moved rather quickly-- except for Jack. He was quite content staying where he was.
With the support of Shawnie, my parents, Adam, and Cheryl we waited hours and hours for Jack to make his debut. He was stuck-- his broad shoulders weren't making it through.
After 22 hours... of heavy painful contractions, loads of potosin, an epidural and a c-section-- Jack made his debut to the world on July 24th at 12:09pm.
The C-section wasn't how I envisioned giving birth but it ended up being a true blessing. Jack had pooped inside the womb which made it toxic, the placenta had started to deteriorate, and the cord was tightly wrapped around his neck-- he was born one tough and strong little guy!



No comments:
Post a Comment