Thursday, May 6, 2010

Berger-tastic!

What a glorious day filled with sunshine and smiles- a perfect day to go to the farm and pick strawberries. Jack's class had a field trip to the farm today.... which included a tractor ride and strawberry picking then it was off to feed the animals and run free on the farm. 3 hours later-- we were hungry for lunch and ready for naps :) We met up with Bebe and Papa (who had Nick) and had lunch together! It was truly a Berger-tastic day! :) :) :) :)


Jack loves to 'pick' strawberries. Its the only kind of strawberry he actually eats-- hand picked directly from the fields. He shoves them in his mouth and inhales dozens every time!

He was so excited this morning that he ran on to the tractor and sat there with this big grin on his face.

The fields were super muddy today! We were getting our baskets and Jack ended up slipping down a drainage ditch in the mud. He was covered in mud from his shorts to his shoes-- and his right arm was completely covered too. G-d bless who ever invented wipes. He even cut his leg... not the greatest start to our strawberry picking frenzy but he recovered well and was a trooper. I must say I can handle most things- throw up, blood, poop.... but mud- I'm not really a fan.

It was so darn muddy out today almost every parent and kid had muddy shoes and clothes... thick caked on mud- the kind that doesn't just go away when you walk through the grass. This mud was like cement. UGH! I do not like mud!






Snack Time!

Jack and Cole sharing snacks :)

What a happy little man!

Time to run a muck on the farm!

Mining!

Ope, Jack and Kyle checking out the treasures


This picture is really special to me. Less than a month ago Jack couldn't reach this feeding tube. But about 2 1/2 weeks ago he had this crazy growth spurt... ate more than we have ever seen before and slept and slept and slept-- when it was over none of his clothes fit. Not even the shoes I bought two months earlier. He was another size bigger. And then today I went to help him feed the animals, but he didn't need my help anymore... my baby was tall enough to do it himself. Oooh my, wipe those tears.


We have a very special bond!
Jack promises me we will be best friends forever!

Our Berger-tastic day continued! I love summer weather and how it stays lighter longer. Once Shawn got home we all headed outside to play before dinner. Jack loves this time of day. Nick is so intrigued with everything Jack does that he just smiles and laughs.



After dinner... (which I must give a SHOUT OUT to my crock pot-- one of the greatest gifts we received for our wedding) I remembered I had some whipping cream in the fridge. I whipped up some fresh whip cream for all those strawberries we picked. A perfect way to end that Berger-tastic day! Jack was no longer interested in the strawberries and focused on that cream! I can't blame him, it was really yummy!



Nick wanted part of the action too... he is grabbing everything insight right now and managed to grab the bowl of whip cream. This boy is ready to eat!


Not quite whip cream, but bananas are yummy too!

I'll feed my self...

I had a major craving for cream when I was pregnant...
I ate LOTS and LOTS of cream.
Cheryl (TT) says--
all that cream is the reason this little bugger is so incredibly DELICIOUS!
I completely agree!

No comments: